Re: [xml] _private and userdata for nodes

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 11:19:05AM -0600, Hundiak, Arthur wrote:
Is it safe to assume that the _private variable in the xmlAttr and xmlNode
structures can be used for application specific data?

  yes. Except for libxslt processing the library won't touch those fields.

I couldn't find anything specific in the documentation.  Gdome uses this
pointer for user data.  There was also a discussion back in March concerning
tree callbacks which referred to _private as an application reserved
pointer. Xslt makes some use of these variables.

  I never implemented the callbacks :-\ , and XSLT uses those fields yes.

Maybe the comments in tree.h could be changed from "for Cobra, Must be
first" to "application data".

  Makes sense, done.

Daniel