Re: [xml] A possible problem with libxml2

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:52:50AM +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
Hi,

The attached HTML fragment is the start of an HTML document generated by
MS Word. The HTML parser in libxml2 2.3.9 chokes on this, as it parses
the XML document description stuff. As far as I can see, the markers
before and after the XML should cause the XML to be ignored as an HTML
comment, but it isn't. Am I missing something, or is libxml really doing
something wrong here?

   Well I just ran
     xmllint --html screwymail
and didn't get anything wrong with the CVS version nor the binary from
the 2.3.9 RPM on linux. I double checked htmlParseContent, and it looks fine
     xmllint --html --debug screwymail

 show the generated structure and it's clearly finishing with 2 big
comments:

      ELEMENT link
        ATTRIBUTE href
          TEXT
            content=cid:filelist.xml@01C0E8FB.319D4680
        ATTRIBUTE rel
          TEXT
            content=File-List
      COMMENT
        content=[if gte mso 9]><xml>  <o:OfficeDocumentS...
      COMMENT
        content=[if gte mso 9]><xml>  <w:WordDocument>  ...

  So I have no idea what is the problem you're seeing.

Daniel