Re: [xml] core dump

stan boehm philips com wrote:

It is purely related to the trio code.

I suspect, that it is related to how it was compiled on QNX.

I looked through your analysis, and found no obvious symptoms
(and no, trio does not get confused by colons).

I have attached a small example source code, which emulates the
steps in your analysis that are related to trio. Could you please
let me know if it works?

I understand that you feel reluctant to step through the trio code,
but as I don't have access to a QNX machine, the information about
where it loops and the values of the local variables is crucial for
me if I am to fix this problem, so I would appreciate any help I
can get.

Does the compilation of trio emit any compiler warnings? Is 'int'
compiled as signed or unsigned? (some compilers have a setting for
this).
#include <stdarg.h>
#include "trio.h"

FILE *xmlGenericErrorContext = NULL;

static void
xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc(void *ctx, const char *msg, ...) {
    va_list args;

    if (xmlGenericErrorContext == NULL)
        xmlGenericErrorContext = (void *) stderr;

    va_start(args, msg);
    trio_vfprintf((FILE *)xmlGenericErrorContext, msg, args);
    va_end(args);
}

int main(void)
{
  xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc(NULL, "%s:%d: ", "/tmp/pmAddCut", 2);
  xmlGenericErrorDefaultFunc(NULL, "Validation failed: no DTD found !\n");
  return 0;
}