Re: [xml] Omitted </tr> tag breaks tables.

Daniel wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 04:10:14PM +0200, Jonas Borgström wrote:
Hi,

I found this bug when debugging the mozilla.org status
page. The sample document is missing the </tr> tag
and this makes gnome-xml move the text inside the
table tag.

  I don't qualify this really as a bug. I have tried to deal with
it, I don't know what else this fix will break, I let you check.

Ok, I've tested your changes but it doesn't fix my testcase (or
the real page) But by simply adding "table" to the htmlCloseEnd
list the testcase and many pages started working again. But adding
almost every element to this list might not be the best solution.

But Then I thought that if a person creates a html page manually
it is much more likely that this person forgets to close some element
than it is that he (by misstake) writes to many closing tags.

So I simple inverted your fix, and renamed the list from htmlCloseEnd
to htmlNoCloseEnd and the default value for the variable "endCloses"
to 1.

So if the closing element is not in the list then all the inside
elements are closed.

I have tested this patch for over one hour now and it seems to work
very well. But I haven't figured out how the gnome-xml regression
tests works so I haven't tested them.

What do you guys think? Is this the correct way of doing this?

Thanks for you great work!

/ Jonas (jborg) Borgström

Btw, my mailserver is down right now so I had to do some cut-n-paste
from mail.gnome.org to be able to reply to this mail, so this mail
might look a bit strange.

--
Jonas Borgström                  jonas codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                   http://www.codefactory.se/