Re: [xml] Escaping '/' in xpath

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 03:36:38PM +0100, Wendsomde Yameogo wrote:
Hi,

I would like to evaluate an Xpath expression which contains the '/'
character, which is also an operator in xpath. How to escape this
character or replace it with an entity reference? I couldn´t find
anything about it in the xpath spec. There is something about escaping
characters like '<' and other xml specific characters but nothing about
'/' which is an xpath operator.

My expression looks like:

/descendant-or-self::http://www.whatever.com:NodeName

(trying to find all NodeName Nodes with namespace
"http//:www.whatever.com")

  Use the following:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#function-namespace-uri

 /descendant-or-self::*[function-namespace-uri() = 'http://www.whatever.com'