Re: [xml] Encoding

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 11:51:51AM +0200, Echoes wrote:
  Hello,

 I'm dumping a DOM tree to a string using xmlDocDumpMemory().
So far so good.
But when now I want to specifiy the encoding used (ISO-8859-1)
so I use xmlDocDumpMemoryEnc(doc, &res, &size, "ISO-8859-1");

 It fails with this error :
xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc: Source document not in UTF8

 Note that it always fails whatever encoding i tried.

 I guess I'm missing something during the creation of the tree ?

  Did you make sure you built your tree in UTF8 ? Seems libxml
complains because parts of the tree are not in UTF8.
  I assume you read
    http://xmlsoft.org/encoding.html

Daniel