Re: [xml] minor nuisance in xmlIO.h/valid.h

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 08:52:21AM +0100, robert wrote:
I've stumbled upon a minor nuisance in xmlIO.h and valid.h: when compiling
my project with rather pedantic flags, gcc complaints about the prototypes
of xmlRegisterInputCallbacks() and others.

The reason for this is that the prototypes contain names which shadow
global declarations:
../xslt/libs/include/libxml/valid.h:108: warning: declaration of `glob'
 shadows global declaration

  strange I use -Wall -pedantic usually ...

This occurs in the prototypes of:
xmlRegisterInputCallbacks() (xmlIO.h: match, open, read, close)
xmlRegisterOutputCallbacks() (xmlIO.h: match, open, read, close)
xmlSprintfElementContent() (valid.h: glob)

Removing the declarations within the prototypes fixes the problem for me.

  Well I will prefer to keep them because they are needed for the
generated docs. I may change the names though it's less understandable
then, or maybe capitalize the first letter...

Daniel