Re: [xml] start tag expect

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:41:09AM -0800, anthony taranto wrote:
i am writing a program that loads files using libxml1. the program works
for me on FreeBSD, but linux users with libxml1 and libxml2 installed are
reporting a "Start tag expect" error. i want to be using libxml1, so it
may be an issue of my code including/linking the wrong things?

  If the code works on BSD I don't see why it would not work on Linux...

However if your users compile against libxml1 include and link against
libxml2, sure it's gonna crash sooner than later, add the required check
to prevent this as described in the upgrade online doc:
   http://xmlsoft.org/upgrade.html

4.add a LIBXML_TEST_VERSION macro somewhere in your main() or in the library init entry point

  And in your configure use xml2-config to find the include and link options.

  Tell them to upgrade to recent versions of libxml2 (-devel) so that
libxml1 and libxml2 development environment can coexist gracefully.

  Of course I can write docs, give explanations on the list, but if people
don't read the doc and don't subcribe, the effect is rather limited :-(

Daniel