Re: [xml] Input callbacks called multiply...

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 07:06:18PM +0000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
I've managed to get the input IO callbacks working calling perl subs, but
for some reason the read() sub gets called multiple times, despite having
returned "short" and returning zero. Here's my debugging information:

match
open foo.xml
read, asked for: 4000, returning: [20] <foo>Text here</foo>
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
read, asked for: 3980, returning: [0]
close

I mean, it works, but it's a lot of callbacks when I've already returned
zero!

  Hum, right, I remember now having noticed this before ...
Well okay this need to be fixed, but not really critical :-)

Daniel