Re: [xml] Persistent DOM

Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 05:12:54PM +0100, Echoes wrote:
 Hello,

 I was just wondering if it would be possible to implement a
persistent DOM that could be used with the XPath implementation
of libxml.
In other words, is the library modular enough to enable other DOM
providers ?

  Answer is no, the DOM implementation is fixed.

  Sorry,

 Me too :-(

 I thought that having something castable to xmlDocPtr would be
sufficient. It would be really great because il will allow to
build a seamless xml Db with minimal effort (ie no rewrite of an
XPath engine, and later of an XSLT engine).

 Is this a no-no or is there still a possibility to enhance libxml
this way (libxml3 perharps ?).

 I find it sad to be locked in the java platform when we come to
modularity and plugability.

 Have a nice day

        Eugène