Re: [xml] document() and import() handlers

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 12:18:02PM +0000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Daniel Veillard wrote:

   You can register new handlers, based on the URI string they can intercept
the default I/O routines of libxml:
    use xmlRegisterInputCallbacks ()
    http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlio.html#XMLREGISTERINPUTCALLBACKS
    again it works with a set of 4 callbacks:
    match()
    open()
    read()
    close()

These methods need to send some sort of user data, otherwise I can't do
per-instance callbacks, and I have no way to do matches in Perl-space.

  match() should not need it
  open() returns the user data associated
  which is passwd as first arg of
  read() and close()