Re: [xml] Xinclude w/DTD segs

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 08:10:17PM -0400, Bruce Miller wrote:
Hello Daniel; Hello All;

  Hi Bruce,

I'm under the impression that Xinclude allows you to include a
complete, valid XML document, B, into another one, A. That is,
            ^^^^^
  Hum, the concept of validity is defined at parse time (c.f. the
XML specification) while XInclude is based on the Infoset, i.e.
the set of information gathered by parsing XML files.

that the both A and B _can_ (although they aren't required to)
have an XML and DOCTYPE declaration.  [It would seem to be one
of the improvements over using an external entity]

  Right. But XInclude can also work with fragment[s] of B or even
with B being a text file.

At any rate, libxml2 v. 2.3.10 is seg'ing when B does have a DOCTYPE.

  This has been reported and is fixed in CVS :-) I think it's time
to ship yet another release. Could you try the cvs snapshot
     ftp://xmlsoft.org/cvs-snapshot.tar.gz

  and check that it is fixed ?

  thanks for the report,

Daniel