[xml] api call to get line numbers??

I have a quick question from a new user of libxml:

The parser keeps track of line numbers, however I haven't been able to
figure out if there is a clean way to access them.

I am interested in being able to get the line number that each node in the
xml tree was on so that in the case of an error (say text data that makes no
sense to my application) I can point out where the offending data is.

Is there a relatively clean & easy way to do this with libxml?

Thanks in advance for the help.
-Steve