Re: [xml] Creating Win32 wrapper function for exported variables

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 02:47:55PM +0200, Igor  Zlatkovic wrote:
Hello there.

  What I would really like to see is one stable maintainer
for Windows.
It is really difficult for me to judge what is appropriate and what is
not w.r.t. handling the Makefiles and specificities of this
environment.
When I get conflicting opinions I can hardly do anything better than
keeping the status quo, it's not good. I would also like to
see prepackaged
libraries and binaries for libxml and libxslt. Ideally the maintainer
should also use CVS to check things regulary before releases.

Right you are, my Lord. A maintainer is needed. If you still think it
apropriate, and noone objects, I would be honoured to take the task.

  "By my honour, I, Igor of the Zlatkovic, heir to the throne of the
Zlatkovic, proclaim herewith that I shall take pains to maintain the
Win32/MSVC port of libxml2, for at least one year."
  -- 19. July 2001, Igor Zlatkovic

That was the official statement :-)

  Fantastic :-) !

Oh, and apply all that to libxslt as well.

  Okay

Things have changed. In the meantime I have a different position here
and can decide the one thing or another myself. The one new colleague or
another tried to serialize the memory-built DOM on the disk using xerces
and came running into my office, gasping for breath, asking where is
libxml2, cursing at xerces. Further, chief folk in here are too busy
with MS .NET to notice their coffee is getting cold, so being
source-similar to java is nothing they argue about anymore. Shortly: I
am keeping my projects and they are keeping libxml2.

  Very cool, well colleagues will curse libxml too, it just a matter of
how much one push any given library before it fails. One of the positive
point from your boss' point of view is that I should make sure you won't
have to switch and basically if you have troubles, I better have them
fixed. It's not an official contract but a reasonable tacit deal :-)

  Great, I'm very happy on how things evolves !

Daniel

P.S.: the day your colleagues start cursing their OS, I may help too ;-)

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com