Re: [xml] Win32 Debug/Release versions

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 08:28:04AM -0400, Joseph Blough wrote:
Does anyone else use a "d" suffix on DLL and lib files to distinguish
between debug and release versions (i.e. libxml.dll and libxmld.dll)?  I've
altered my copies of libxml2 and libxslt to do this.  As per the LGPL
licensing agreement I'd like to return these alterations to the code base
(if anyone else wants them).
The changes that I made were to change the ouput filename for the debug
system to end with a "d" suffix and this updated to the lib file entry
accordingly.  This change is shown in the following diff

  Okay thanks. Problem is that diff may give troubles to dsp files,
sending a complete one may avoid the problem.

On a side note, are there any plans to create a libxslt.def.src?  The
libxslt.def that is packaged with libxslt 1.0.0 is already missing the
xsltProfileStylesheet entry needed for xsltproc to link properly.

  Would make sense. Actually the def.src should be autogenerated
(should not be too hard based on the result of nm for the .o unix modules)
both for libxslt and libxml.

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com