[xml] Is Validating SAX Parser available ???

Hi,

This is my first mail to this group.. So a bit of intro..
I know about XML,SAX & DOM for quite sometime... I have used
JAXP [SAX & DOM]interface..
I am currently looking at writing a C library to create and
parse XML documents for B2B communication. I have done it
with
Java before. I have used a Validating SAX parser...

I have downloaded the libxml library & figuring out how to
have
a Validating SAX parser. Till now not met with success.. :(

I tried running the testSAX sample application for the XML
document we have.. The XML doc looks like this...

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="US-ASCII" ?>
<!DOCTYPE msg PUBLIC "-//B2B XML-API Version 1.0//EN"
                       "xmlapi.dtd">
<msg>
</msg>

The resolveEntity() in the SAXHandler list of function
pointers is
never called whhen the DOCTYPE declation is encountered..
The events
thrown by testSAX appln is :- [Args passed to testSAX
: -debug -push ]

SAX.setDocumentLocator()
SAX.startDocument()
SAX.internalSubset(msg, -//B2B XML-API Version 1.0//EN,
xmlapi.dtd)
SAX.externalSubset(msg, -//B2B XML-API Version 1.0//EN,
xmlapi.dtd)
SAX.startElement(msg)

Why it is not called ??  Can any one help ???

Thanx in Advance..
Rajagopalan.