RE: [xml] linking errors on win32/MSVC 6

This is as basic as it gets.  try adding libxml2.lib to your project's list
of libraries to link with.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Peshak [mailto:peshaks northcentral k12 ia us]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 7:27 PM
To: libXML Mailing List
Subject: [xml] linking errors on win32/MSVC 6

I have a program that I'm trying to compile on win32 with msvc 6.0 service
patch 4.  I'm using libxml v2.4.7.  I compiled the library file just fine,
and VC finds the headers just fine.  My code compiles just fine, it just
dies when it comes to liking:

Linking...
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlSaveFile
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewProp
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewChild
Student.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewChild
Test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewChild
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewDocNode
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewDoc
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlFreeDoc
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlParseFile
Record.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlGetProp
Test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlSetProp
dDarius.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I searched the archives and found mention of a similar problem when the
libxml project lacks the list.c file.  I made sure this was part of the
project and recompiled the library as instructed and got the same problem.

Thanks,
Scott Peshak