Re: [xml] 'make check' errors in libxml2-2.3.7

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 04:05:48PM +0100, Judith Pemberton ubsw com wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can give me some help resolving these libxml2-2.3.7
'make check' errors.

I'm building on a Sun box:
SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-21 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

If I build with the Sun compiler:
CC: WorkShop Compilers 4.2 18 Sep 1997 C++ 4.2 patch 104631-04

'make check', in the "## XML regression tests on memory" bit gets:
Testing att1
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `XMLtests'

  this make is more sensible than GNU's one or it may be diff which
behaves differently ... If it's a crash then I'm surprized problem
is that I don't have enough informations to really understand what's
happening there. Since this is the first test using the memory parsing
this may be a real protability problem (this test uses mmap()) . If
someone with access to a Solaris box could look this up I would
appreciate (Gary Pennington maybe ?).

If I build with gcc 2.95.3
'make check', in the "## Valid documents regression tests" bit gets:
Testing v17.xml
Segmentation Fault - core dumped

  I think this one is fixed by the patch I sent already to the list today

    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2001-April/msg00100.html

Daniel