Re: How to use "--multiple-output"

Hi Takao,

You should probably use intltool freedesktop org list for better
(or at least more ;) responses.  Which reminds me that we need to say
that in the CVS (I remember there's a mention of list somewhere in
there).

Today at 15:51, Takao Fujiwara wrote:

> I would like to know how to use "--multiple-output".
>
> % env LC_ALL=C intltool-merge ../po gnome-cd.desktop.in gnome-cd.desktop \
>   -d -u -p --multiple-output "es de"
>
> Now I tries to separate all locales from the multilingual files; .desktop, .xml,
> .schemas, .icon..., by locale likes .mo files.

"--multiple-output" works only for bare XML files (not for .schemas,
.desktop, ...), and it was designed mainly to accomodate features
needed by GOK keyboard definition files.

It creates a separate subdirectory named by the locale (i.e. "es",
"de", "sr"), and puts the XML file with translations there
(translations have attribute "xml:lang" set to appropriate locale
name).  If there's no translation available for a particular element,
it simply uses the original English string (and no "xml:lang" is set).

You may try building GOK from CVS to see how it works.  There's also
one testcase in intltool/tests/cases/merge6.xml.in (look at
intltool/tests/results/multi.merge6.xml for resulting file).

Of course, I'm talking about latest intltool here (0.31), since there
were some changes in behaviour between 0.30 and 0.31.

Cheers,
Danilo