Re: intltool build failure

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> When I build intltool on a platform without libxml2 installed (which is how
> my gnome 1 environment is set up), it fails to compile. I don't understand
> exactly how AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_LIBXML, ...) is supposed to work, but it's
> trying to build doc-i18n-tool and failing.
>
> What would we do about this?

EEK. )-:

I thought intltool HEAD was intended to build against GNOME 2, for some
reason, and thusly assumed that libxml2 was required.  We can either
conditionally compile doc-i18n-tool or require libxml2.  I vote for the
second, as I'd like to see people start getting libxml2 working.
Unfortunately, it seems like libxml2 as shipped with RH 7.2 won't
actually build intltool.  Which do you want to do?

Thanks,
-Jonathan