Re: The changes at GNOME 2.0 to use glib-gettextize

En jue, 2001-11-01 a 17:51, Darin Adler escribió:
> on 11/1/01 3:28 AM, Carlos Perelló Marín at carlos gnome-db org wrote:

> >> I believe this is already fixed on HEAD. Jacob took care of it. Are you
> >> talking about HEAD intltool, or the last release?
> >
> > I was using vicious-build-scripts, so I'm using the latest HEAD
> > intltool. I have modified glade2 as Jacob did and if I execute
> > intltoo-update it generates glade.pot instead of glade-2.0.pot
>
> Oh, intltool-update! The part of intltool that I keep working and test is
> the stuff that's actually used at build time, intltool-extract and
> intltool-merge.

But the intltool-update is broken!!!

> The intltool-update script, which is a convenience for starting to use
> intltool on a package for the first time, has no tests in the intltool tests
> directory, and is something I've never used myself at all. I do by hand the
> things that intltool-update does for you.

Then, How do you generate the .pot files?

> But I'd be happy to take a patch to fix intltool-update!

I have try it but I need to learn mucho more perl :-(

> I might eventually fix it myself, although I'd prefer to have some test
> cases rather than changing the program without any tests.
>
> You said "intltool-* use PACKAGE instead GETTEXT_PACKAGE". I'm pretty sure
> that's only intltool-update, not the other scripts. If I'm wrong, please let
> me know.

I haven't seen any intltool-* script that use GETTEXT_PACKAGE from
configure.in, Well, I think that only intltool-update looks for the
package name, so the other scripts are right (I think...)

Bye

P.S.: intltool-update is also broken for packages like Pan && libtop.
P.S.2: I will fill a bug report today.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
mailto:carlos gnome-db org