Re: Improving work areas with multiple monitors

Title: HTML E-Mail

Hi Alberts,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 08:17:52PM +0300, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:

Bug reports? gnome-panel still sets old STRUT properties, it does not
require that the window manager supports new property.

Oh. It's certainly possible this is not a regression, and it never really worked with gnome-panel. The report I'm looking at is this one:
https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/issues/258#issuecomment-865941336

Nothing for you to worry about, though. Just wanted to let you know about those old discussions in case you missed those, and perhaps express my sadness over not going with the workaround most other WMs implemented. :-)

The PR with the spec update and linked implementation PRs will be helpful should we try to implement support for _GNOME_WM_STRUT_AREA. Thanks for that.

--
Tomáš "liskin" ("Pivník") Janoušek, https://work.lisk.in/