_NET_FRAME_EXTENTS and window borders

Hi everyone,

I am writing because of the following bug report:

  https://github.com/awesomeWM/awesome/issues/425

The problem boils down to the following question:

If a reparenting WM has a non-zero border width (in the XConfigureWindow sense),
should that border be included in the values of _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS?

For a concrete example, let's assume a client window of size WxH. The WM
reparents this window into a window of the same size and sets the border width
of the frame window to 10. Should _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS be set to "0,0,0,0" or to
"10,10,10,10"?

Also, does it make sense to clarify this in the spec, or am I just missing
something obvious? Is there someone who has the knowledge and time to write a patch?

Thanks a lot,
Uli
--
If you have to type the letters "A-E-S" into your source code, you're doing it
wrong.