Adding a client-settable _NET_WM_FRAME_EXTENTS

With Wayland around the corner, a lot of toolkits are adding client-side decorations support with undecorated ARGB32 windows. One of the big issues with this is that if you want to implement shadows or invisible borders for resizing frames, you end up with window managers not understanding where the frame extents actually are, since they just measure the X window.

In GTK+, I have a local patch that adds a _GTK_FRAME_EXTENTS property, similar to _NET_WM_FRAME_EXTENTS, which describes additional padding or spacing around the frame of the window, meant for decorations like invisible borders or shadows.

The only thing I can't think of is a name for it. _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS was my idea, but it's very likely to be confused with _NET_WM_FRAME_EXTENTS.

--
  Jasper