Re: Adding synchronization to the WM spec

On Saturday 29 October 2011 12:29:14 Owen Taylor wrote:
> There are quite a few outstanding issues related to synchronization
> between applications and the compositor. We want the compositor
> to avoid drawing a window when it is only half done with an update,
> we want to throttle the drawing rate in the application, and we
> need to incorporate NVIDIA's fence sync objects if we want to get
> composited drawing correct with their driver.
>
> This update to the window manager specification attempts to address
> these needs in a unified way. What I'm basically proposing here is:
great work. I am all for it and we will add support for it in KWin.
Unfortunately you proposed it two days too late for inclusion in 4.8.

Do you have any example clients implementing the client side. If yes it would
be great if you could share it somewhere in a git repository, so that we can
easily test the implementation in the window manager.

Cheers
Martin Gräßlin
KWin Maintainer