Is there an official way for an application window to request to not show up in a Window Manager's alt-tab list?

re, all.

In looking at the EWMH spec, I see _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR and _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_PAGER hints, but I do not see anything explicitly allowing an application to request itself to not be listed in the Window Manager's alt-tab window list.

In some early testing, if I set these two _SKIP_ hints on my secondary application windows, Metacity, Compiz, and XFWM4 do not show my windows on their alt-tab lists, but KWin does.

It seems that there's a gap in the spec for this functionality and I'm just wondering if it's this way because of previous discussions, or if this is something that should be remedied in the spec.

Thanks! =:)

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-