Re: Client-side decorations, RGBA opaque regions
- From: Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org>
- To: Dana Jansens <danakj orodu net>
- Cc: wm-spec-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Client-side decorations, RGBA opaque regions
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:12:44 -0600
On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 11:03 -0500, Dana Jansens wrote:
> How would a compositing manager which decorates windows with, for
> example, shadows, know not to draw shadows around/over/under the
> client's shadows? I believe that window frames and other decorations
> should each be done by a single client or there will be innumerable
> conflicts involved.
They don't draw shadows on RGBA windows currently do they? Otherwise it
would be making some pretty big assumptions wouldn't it?
Perhaps the spec should specifically say that this applies to RGBA
windows only. What about shaped windows? Do compositors generally draw
shadows for these?
] [Thread Prev