Re: Making tabs information available to the WM (& tasklist, etc.)

On 06/18/2009 04:35 AM, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen this idea for quite some time, but I don't know if it was ever
> considered seriously...
>
> Did some discussion on letting the apps export some information about
> their tabs already occur somewhere? This could be useful to let the
> tasklist also switch between tabs inside a window, eg.

One of the GNOME Shell SoC students, David Jordan, is working on making
the shell aware of tabs. We'd agreed that the best way to do that would
be an EWMH hint that apps could use to indicate their tabs. I'm not sure
of the current status of his work.

-- Dan