Re: Review: FULLSCREEN_MONITORS Hint

On st 13. února 2008, Grant Patterson wrote:
> Can we get some motion on this? We'd really like to use the spec hint in
> our upcoming version of Workstation, 6.5.

 You correctly use 'we'. The spec is a collective effort and if you want some
work done on it, you have to drive that, that's how it works here. The usual
approach is:
- post a proposal
- collect feedback, incorporate into the proposal
- repeat until there are no more comments on it
- commit to the spec (or ask somebody who can do that, like me)

 There is no official maintainer here AFAIK, or at least haven't been for a
long while (people come and go, or drop out for a while because of other
things like has happened to me now).

>        <para>
> An empty list indicates that the Window Manager will obey normal fullscreen
> conventions, as if the property did not exist

> ; that is, the window will be
> stretched over the monitor it was in when it entered fullscreen.
^

 Drop this, unnecessary specifying of policy. The WM may by default e.g. make
it span all monitors if configured so.

KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz