Re: WM features

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 01:41:31AM +0000, kettani lalla fatima zahra wrote:
>    Hi all,
>    i have a question about window manager's features. Is there any WM that
>    can force an application specific window to behave as a system modal
>    window?
>    I know for example that mwm offers XmNmwmInputMode resource that can be
>    used by an application to set a system modal window, but i am interested
>    by a customisation that could be done through WM without being invoked by
>    the application it self.

If I'm understanding "system modal window" correctly, then the usual
way to create such a thing is to make a full-screen override redirect
window.  All window managers allow for such a thing (because override
redirect windows override the window manager's control).

-- Nathaniel

--
Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.