Re: [EWMH] _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_AUXILIARY

Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
On 2007-10-18, Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> wrote:
This "arbitrarily messed with", just to make it clear, just means that they will be composited on the screen,
Then there's of course the general UTF-8 monoculturism, but at least in this case Xlib does the conversions from the abstract application internal encoding (locale or wchar_t), unlike in many other FDO and other recent FOSS crap, where the API and everything is UTF-8 monoculturist.

I gave up on most of the fragmented poorly designed non-console FOSS crap years
ago for GUI development and just wrote my own far better frameworks and
solutions.

What alternative is there to UTF-8? An advantage of monoculturalism is that
if the architecture is sufficient, everything can be consistant and easy.