Re: Review: FULLSCREEN_MONITORS Hint

I'm just using Nvidia TwinView and am relatively new to this stuff, so I don't have a firm grasp on what is possible without the new "RandR hotness". (Can monitors be different sizes? Can arrangements be non-linear, e.g. square of 4 or L shape? Can 2 monitors be skewed?)

Nevertheless, it seems like we might as well make the property something that can handle monitors anywhere on the framebuffer. This is easy enough to do with my new favorite method: specify a top-left and bottom-right monitor; the WM takes the bounding box of these and sets the window accordingly

I don't understand how width/height would be enough--given some horizontal arrangement of >2 monitors and width=2 monitors, how does the WM know where to place the window? VMware wants to change window configurations without leaving fullscreen (go from monitors {0, 1} to {1, 2}), so using the monitor we started fullscreen from won't cut it. Have I explained our desired functionality enough?

Regarding dealing with not getting what we want, we'd probably try the other configurations we wanted (there's some set of monitor configurations through which we cycle) and give up and revert to single-monitor fullscreen if everything fails. I really hope that doesn't happen, though; our intentions are for good, I promise!