From: wm-spec-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:wm-spec-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Dennis Kasprzyk
Sent: 20 November 2007 05:21
To: wm-spec-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [EWMH] _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_AUXILIARY

Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  I agree here. AUXILIARY sounds like A_SPECIAL_HACK. I think that ideally
>  all
> such effects should be in the CM, but in reality I would be fine with
> having this VISUAL_EFFECT.

I think it could make more sense to have 2 different hints here:

_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_OVERIDE_ANIMATION : Informs a composite manager to not
animate the window (open/close/focus animation)

_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_OVERIDE_TRANSFORMATION : Informs a composite manager to
not transform a window. Windows like osd's shouldn't be mapped on the cube
or zoomed. Windows with this hint would be displayed nontransformed on the
screen but could have open/close animation applied by the composite
manager.

Dennis