Re: Applications ignoring focus events

On 5/17/07, Dana Jansens <danakj orodu net> wrote:

Sorry, I'd just like to add one thing, in the course of writing this,
I did come across the fact that the X server seems to always send a
second FocusOut-NotifyWhileGrabbed, even after it already sent a
FocusOut-NotifyGrab with no corresonding FocusIn in between. I haven't
seen it in writing anywhere however so I'm not sure it is something to
rely on. But, maybe another solution is for toolkits/applications to
ignore NotifyGrab/NotifyUngrab, but to not ignore NotifyWhileGrabbed
focus events, for determining if a window has gained or lost logical
focus. Currently applications under both toolkits do not follow this
convention though, so maybe it would need to be mandated.