Re: Interaction between applications and compositing managers

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 23:11 +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> Why did you use the HINT key words in the various type. Seems not
> useful to me.

It is really just a hint to help the compositing manager; things
will still work reasonably ok if either the application does not set
the hint, or the compositing manager ignores it...

> I think that this extension of the spec will be really helpful. It will
> be good to have some comments/approval from some GTK and QT developers,
> as at the end it will be their responsibility to implement the spec.
> Owen, Matthias? There is maybe some QT developers on this list, at least
> Lubos may give an advice?

It all looks good to me; I had already discussed this in person with
Soeren earlier.

Matthias