Re: _NET_WM_[GET_|TAKE_|REQUEST_]FOCUS & urgency

Elijah Newren (newren gmail com):

> On 5/26/05, Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> wrote:
>
> > See my explanation in another mail. DEMANDS_ATTENTION can be set by
> > both WM and the app, and is reset by the WM when the window gets
> > activated (since then it got attention). The difference is how the
> > states are set and unset.  Should this be more clearly stated in the
> > spec?
>
> Yes, please.  I seem to have misunderstood it, at least.

  With metacity 2.8.8 at least, if you set
_NET_WM_STATE_DEMANDS_ATTENTION on a window and not by sending the event
to the root window, it isn't cleared when you activate the window.  Is
this because of this misunderstanding (should it work to just set it on
my window rather than send the event)?

  -Billy