RE: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

Recently, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  I yet to have actually see somebody saying a single reason
> why this is really  needed. Why should any app be able to forcibly
> control whether it should or should not have decorations?
> Even the xmms/gkrellm examples are rather non-convincing -
> if I decide I don't want any decorations for gkrellm I can
> simply turn them off in KWin, and the same for xmms.

I think there is an important class for windows that have been
missing so far in this discussion and that may be a better example:
foreign windows.  By that I mean windows created by software from a
foreign OS that are displayed using an emulator, remote non-X graphics
client or virtual machine monitor.   Such windows are likely to be
drawn with their native decoration and do not look good when further
decorated by the local WM.  It may not be feasible to mask off the
decoration; even if it is, to allow for such windows to overlap
correctly the replacment decoration needs to be exactly the same
thickness.

Giles