Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:29:41 +0100 Mike Hearn <mh codeweavers com> babbled:

> On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 21:57 +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > " Possible interactions with focus stealing prevention ???"
> >
> > I assume that means you would like a managed window to be able to have
> > the focus and it never be taken away until the app says its ok?
>
> I'm not sure exactly, I've got a bug assigned to me that appears (at
> first glance) to be caused by the new GNOME 2.10 focus stealing
> prevention stuff. In KDE you can turn it off, but not in GNOME which is
> problematic for Wine as Win32 apps can't be modified to follow the spec.
>
> For instance, clicking a menu item that causes a new program to pop up a
> window is quite a common thing, and clearly Win32 apps don't understand
> timestamp marking and such (for that matter, neither do most UNIX apps).
>
> I'm not sure what we're going to do about this yet. That's why it has
> three question marks after it :)

hmm - i see. so the new window is popped up before the grab on the menu is
released and thus the wm is stuck - unable to focus the new window...

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster rasterman com
裸好多                              raster deephackmode org
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)