Standardizing METACITY_UPDATE_COUNTER

Okay, I've got kwin and qt patches for the version of the spec Soeren Sandmann
posted last week.

This patch is slightly different from my previous one, to accomodate the
differences in gtk and metacity patches. Specifically, it now puts
synchronization under WM_PROTOCOLS, like the gtk patches do. Kwin also resets
the sync counter to zero the first time it sees a window.

KWin: Unified diff against KDE CVS tagged KDE_3_2_2_RELEASE (relative to
kdebase)
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg990h/kwin-sync-0.3.diff

Qt: Unified diff against Qt 3.3.2 (relative to src/kernel)
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg990h/qt-sync-0.1.diff

To folks on the kwin list: Is the XSyncSetPriority stuff noticible enough to be
bothersome? It improves resize of the content area, but causes a bit of expose
lag for the window frame itself.

Sincerely,
    Rayiner Hashem