Re: _NET_WORKAREA and dual head

On Tuesday 16 of March 2004 03:38, Billy Biggs wrote:
>   I agree that our problem is much simpler if we have rectangles fixed
> to a screen edge, and that reserving space in the middle of a monitor
> does not make sense.

 Hmm, ok then.

> Rob Adams (readams readams net):
> > I think that a rather simple extension to _STRUT_PARTIAL, though,
> > would be the easiest solution.  We could add a xinerama number to the
> > hint specifying that it should apply to just one xinerama.  This would
> > mean that existing WMs would have to be changed very little to achieve
> > essentially the same effect.  The only loss would be the ability to
> > set a "reserved area" in the middle of the screen, which I think is
> > really not a loss at all.
>
>   I think this proposal makes the most sense.  Is there a good way we
> can add this while keeping compatibility?

 Well, given that 1.3 is not official yet, we could simply change it, in case
it's not yet widely used.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/