Re: Allowing a11y windows to be on top - bug #136159

A minor (?) point...

Finally, I don't like the name ABOVE_ALL; it invites abuse and confusion
with plain ABOVE. How about OMNIPRESENT or OVERLAY or ... ? someone
think of something good ;-)
I like OVERLAY.

Yeah. I'd like to see a distinction between a transparent overlay and an occluding overlay... or different names...

Also, what does the WM do with two occluding overlays? GOK _must_ remain on top... or 'self-raisable'...

~~David

- Bill

In fact is TYPE_OMNIPRESENT the semantic type? Perhaps a window of this
type never gets focus, is sticky, and is above all? Essentially these
windows are conceptually part of the hardware, kept separate from the
desktop.