_net_wm_state_fullscreen

Hi everyone,
I remember that we already talk about this on the list, but I can't find it in the archive (or it is unclear for me)
I have three questions

- when (as a window manager) I receive a _net_wm_state_fullscreen message, may I, instead of undecorating the window, displace my decoration at the appropriated coordinates ?

 - in the same case shall I set _net_wm_state_maximize_vert/horz or not ?

 - Gerd Knorr already ask for this one, and the answer seems obscure to me:
when an application wants to change the screen resolution we have two solutions (as far as I understood the thread): VidMode and Xrandr. But it does not tell me what I have to do ? (except that if everyone use Xrandr I should do the expected work, because the sizes of the root window has changed)

Best regards,
Iban.