Re: CVS organization (was Re: _NET_WM_MAP_TIMESTAMP)

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 01:16:30PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Sunday 27 of July 2003 02:00, Rob Adams wrote:
> > Could someone get around to committing the map timestamp stuff to the
> > spec?
>
>  I already have done so, but it looks like it didn't survive the site
> reorganization, just like some other changes I had committed :(. Before I
> commit them again, I'd like to make it clear where should I commit them.

It probably wasn't the site reorg that broke it, just the fact that it
was changed in the wrong spot... maybe it was the reorg though.

>  So, who will tell me where to commit the changes :) ?

So the reason for the reorg is that I realized I didn't know where to
commit changes to anything. ;-)

The answer now is that the master copy is always in its own module,
and the stuff under web/* is all copied over from the separate module.

So to update a spec, go to the toplevel module wm-spec or whichever
one, modify the spec, commit, copy it to
web/content/standards/wm-spec, then commit that to update the web
page.

If someone wants to look into automating the master-copy-to-web step,
that would be good too.