Re: No focus on map hint

On Tuesday 29 of April 2003 00:09, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found your old mail (and "I'm going to commit now" reminder)
> tickmarked in one of my mail folders - doh. ;-) If you didn't commit
> already I think it looks OK. Some small comments below.

[snip]

> > +       <para>
> > +Clients should keep the last timestamp from events KeyPress, KeyRelease,
> > +ButtonPress and ButtonRelease and set this timestamp in this property on
> > +every new toplevel window before mapping it. They should start setting
> > the +property only after first receiving a KeyPress, KeyRelease,
> > ButtonPress or +ButtonRelease event, they shouldn't set it before
> > receiving first input +event.
> > +       </para>
> > +    </sect2>
>
> I think it would be OK to use timestamps from non-input events, as
> well, if that was the most recent timestamp available.

 No, that wouldn't work. The timestamp is meant as the time of last user
activity in the application. If you get PropertyNotify because of some change
on the root window, remember the timestamp, and then the app maps a window
for some (not user triggered) reason, the window will appear to be caused by
a user action (e.g. to the WM), even if it won't be so.

[snip]

> >  So you don't mind if I add it to the web site ? :)
>
> Absolutely no objections. ;-) Just be sure we know which copy is the
> master copy - I might suggest cvs rm'ing it from
> libstartup-notification in fact and putting the master copy in
> web/contents/standards similar to how we have the master copy of the
> menu spec in there.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/