Re: one draft comment

> Matthias Clasen <maclas gmx de> writes:
> >
> > I have added this and Lubos' clarifications to the draft. Havoc, would
> > you pull the trigger again ? I think we're getting really close to 1.2
> > now, the only thing which we may want to sort out before 1.2 is
> > _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS. Does anybody have a good idea what to do about it
> > ?
> >

> Doesn't it have to be intended as an application window property on
> the tasklist itself - otherwise if the tasklist crashed, icons would
> not come back.

Yes, this must have been the reason behind making it an app window property,
not a root property, but as you point out, this is kind of broken, since
pagers
and taskbars may very well not have toplevel windows.

> This is sort of broken for both gnome and kde, since the tasklist is
> an embedded applet not a toplevel window - but I think we could punt
> for 1.2 and just clarify that it's intended to be set on the toplevel
> window of the tasklist itself.

I'll try to come up with a little clarification. I'll have to fix my commit
from yesterday
anyway - somehow half of the html pages didn't get committed again. This is
what
seems to happen if you do

cvs rm -f *.html; cp somewhere/*.html .; cvs add *.html; cvs commit

and some of the remove files are immediately re-added. I'll have to learn to
put a
cvs commit in between.

http://www.gmx.net