Re: _NET_DESKTOP_GEOMETRY, _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS and WM_CLIENT_MACHINE question

On Thursday 12 September 2002 16:03, Lubos Lunak wrote:

[snip]

>  Section 7.9 says 'WM_CLIENT_MACHINE must be set to the fully-qualified
> domain name of the client's host.' . Correct me if I'm wrong, but
> fully-qualified domain name is 'host.domain.com' and not just 'host'.
> However, the code snippet in the section (both variants of it) returns
> just 'host' .

The example code is really unnecessary in this case, since the
XSetWMProperties call automatically sets the WM_CLIENT_MACHINE property on
the client window.  Perhaps the example code should be removed and a note
about XSetWMProperties added.

[snip]

Bradley T. Hughes - bhughes at trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway