Re: Proposal to extend Application Window Properties

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:23:21 -0700 "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry attbi com>
babbled:

> On Monday 21 October 2002 17:37, Andy Lo-A-Foe wrote:
> >
> > Two new possible atoms:
> >
> > _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE_HORZ, ATOM
> > _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE_VERT, ATOM
> >
> > In effect _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE is split into 2 components.
> > This gives the application developer greater control over the resize
> > behaviour of windows.
> >
> > Comments?
> >

> I would rather see the ICCCM interface extended so that you could define only
> max height or width rather than forcing both.

why bother? define max height or width to be 0x7fff in the direction you don't
care about. in X the max size of a window is 0xffff, BUT you can only access
pixel co-ords for drawing up to 0x7ffff. so by doing this you effectively just
say "the window can be as big as the area i can ever sensibly draw to". to stop
resizing in one direction set the min and max for hat axis to the same. I don't
see the point of adding more hints here as it's quite possible to do given even
basic old-fashioned ICCCM.

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster rasterman com