Re: base size and resize increment window manager attributes

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > Where can I find the X Protocol specification?
>
> Thats Volume 0 of the O'Reilly X series, but you may prefer to
> google for X protocol.

A book? One would think there was an ISO standard or something like that,
not to mention that the book you mention is out of print.

> > What do you mean by unmapping the window. If you mean hiding the window
> > then this is not possible while the mouse is grabbing the window frame.
>
> man XUnmapWindow. If you're concerned about interactively resizing the
> window, the client eventually gets the ConfigureNotifys describing the
> new size and can react to them by e.g. going iconic.

This is not possible. When the mouse grabs a window manager's frame
decoration it is not possible to iconify the window while is is
still being grabbed by the mouse.