Re: desktop layout patch

> If so, maybe we should go with point C) from me previous post:
>
> "C) If we did want the pager to advertise only the number of wrapped
> rows, and not the number of columns created by those rows, why not just
> have the pager advertise only the number of wrapped rows?  I suspect
> that implementations of this protocol will choose to do one or the other

> anyway, and that the special case will just result all implementations
> maintaining the same pieces of un-exercised code."

I think this is a good idea. The page should advertise either

horizontal orientation + number of columns

or

vertical orientation + number or rows

this avoids redundancy and intermediate states and keeps the pager from
having to update the property when the number of desktops changes. Do we
want
to keep compatibility with the current draft by just stipulating that X or
Y must be set to 0, or do we change the format of the property to be just

_NET_DESKTOP_LAYOUT, CARDINAL[2]/32

with the interpretation of the second value depending on the orientation
specified in the first ?

Matthias