Re: _NET_WM_STRUT and two windows at the same edge

On Monday 01 July 2002 22:44, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Lubos Lunak <l lunak sh cvut cz> writes:
> >  I just want to make sure a little detail about _NET_WM_STRUT, as it's
> > not explicitly said in the spec. If I have two windows at the same edge,
> > for example Kicker at the bottom screen edge and right above it external
> > taskbar, should both of them have the strut set to their height and have
> > the WM use the sum of the struts, or should one of them set the strut to
> > the sum of the heights which the WM would simply use?
>
> My understanding is that one or both should set the strut to the sum
> of the two heights. That's what I've implemented in GNOME.

 Ok. KDE actually does the same. I just wanted to check we interpret it the
same way. Maybe a line explicitly noting this case could be added? Something
like 'If there are two or more windows reserving area at the same edge, WM
MUST use the maximum value.' (Just with a better wording I guess).

 l lunak email cz ; l lunak kde org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli